Sunday, June 7, 2009

Status Quo

Mr. X and I had a conversation about his appalling behavior last night. He wasn't even aware that he'd reverted back to behaviors that have become habit over the course of our 10 year history.

I get that. I get that there's an element of habit in how we'd been treating each other, but if you don't make an effort to overcome bad habits, then they never go away.

Anyway, we're going to be working to find a way to help him break these habits. A sticker chart was mentioned, and although it feels like parenting to me, if he'd find it motivational, I'll do it. Getting the outcome I want is worth some effort...but I still need to be getting something back, too.

But, it's all about the journey, not the destination, eh? We'll plod along!

1 comment:

helpmate hubby said...

I think the sticker chart would be a great idea. BTW if you want access to my website send me an email at helmatehubby@yahoo.com